Tuesday, May 4, 2010

what has been happening?

Well, I was in and had my surgery to remove the lump I had in my left breast. As far as we know it is a cyst but has been sent for a biopsy just to be sure. I'm good with that, that way I know for sure. I have complete confidence in my doctor but it never hurts to double check right? The surgery went well, although I thought when I woke up friday morning that maybe it would be cancelled just because the lump appeared to be smaller than it had been. I mentioned it to the surgeon before being put under but he checked and still recommended going ahead with surgery. Turns out it hadn't gotten smaller just moved deeper in I guess. When the surgery was over he talked to my daughter Kandice and let her know that is was large and deep. So needless to say I'm glad it was done too!
Krystal and Adrian were a big help watching Hannah longer than usual that day being Chris was busy at work so I really appreciated that they were able to help Kandi out while she was with me. I never got home from the hospital until close to 630 or so that evening.
I have been doing well since then, with very little pain. I'm very surprised with the lack of pain actually but I'm not complaining trust me! The outer dressing is off now and there is still lots of swelling and some bruising but as long as I don't use the left arm too much it seems good. I did go to work today thinking I'd give it a try and see how things were but it certainly swelled up more using the arm like I did. I tried not lifting the arm too high but when you are at work you have to do what you have to do. I can't have someone else doing it for me, as it was, they were asking why I didn't do the upper shelves even though my DM should have let them know. Oh well what can you do! I did close to 1/3 of the store as it was....almost all the centre racks and part of the one wall...what more can you do?

No comments: