Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tidy Mind, Tidy Stashes2KCBWDay3


Day Three: 30th March. Tidy mind, tidy stitches.

How do you keep your yarn wrangling organised? It seems like an easy to answer question at first, but in fact organisation exists on many levels. Maybe you are truly not organised at all, in which case I am personally daring you to try and photograph your stash in whatever locations you can find the individual skeins. However, if you are organised, blog about an aspect of that organisation process, whether that be a particularly neat and tidy knitting bag, a decorative display of your crochet hooks, your organised stash or your project and stash pages on Ravelry.


I try to be organized with my knitting by using plastic containers/Rubbermaid bins for my stash of yarn.  Mind you I have bags of yarn in my closet, my spare closets beside my bed and in the office closet.  This sounds horrible as I type it (and makes me think I should think about collecting it all again and putting it back in the bins where it belongs).  My books are in a plastic bin as well again for the most part with some being in those bags I just told you about.  My needles and other tools are in a plastic bin in my living room waiting to be organized in a binder that I bought myself at the beginning of the new year.  My biggest problem is when I print a pattern off and I am finished with the pattern I tend to just fold the pattern and set it aside.  I bought this binder and a whole pile of page protectors to put my loose patterns into it so I would always have them but I haven't completed that task yet.

To be honest here it really doesn't sound like I'm all that organized after all.  I have 2 or 3 knitting bags on the go at times and sometimes still grab a plastic shopping bag to carry my knitting with me.  Why you may wonder?  Why grab a plastic bag rather than my knitting bag?  I really have no idea.

I will take some pics of my stash and post here later today then maybe when I see it here I will make that move to get MORE organized!

No comments: