Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Wet weather

This weather is creating havoc all over.  Flooding, wet basements, foggy driving conditions and sickness.  Below freezing last week and I mean very cold and warmer this week.  I think we have had none stop rain for a couple days now.  Although it is stopped right now.  It's days like this when the aches and pains are really bad.  I need summer or at least warm, dry weather.  Today is supposed to get up around 13 but still way to damp for me.
 
This is the weather that makes you want to just grab your knitting or crocheting and curl up on the couch with a good movie to watch!  That sounds so nice but before I can do that I need to do some housework.
 
Yesterday, while sitting in the waiting room at the hospital where I was with my parents while my dad was having a spot removed from his back.  There were a few women along with myself who were sitting there with their knitting needles working away to make a sweater, dishcloth and a frilly scarf.  I had my cowl i've been working on and my crocheting with me.  I finished knitting the last few rows of my cowl and then did some crocheting.  Funny how many others carry their crafts wtih them as well.  The one lady was saying it was like having our own knitting circle!  Do you carry your knitting or other crafts with you when you are going somewhere where you know you will be sitting waiting?  I do sometimes but I also get very intimidated by others.  I have always worried that others may consider my knitting not good enough to be carried around with me.  My daughter very politely told me that I was being silly and not to worry what others thougth. So now I do carry my WIP's with me more often.

No comments: